Langsung ke konten utama

Emotional Acehnese Love Song (Gasèh Sayang Prang)

    Image: https://www.pexels.com

This time, I would like to share to you one of my favorite songs written by Imum John, a song-writer, singer and former Acehnese fighter. He emotionally presented an Acehnese language song entitled “Gasèh Sayang Prang” literally means “Loving while in the Warfare”.  He wrote this song when struggling for an absolute Acehnese independence after being colonized for almost 5 decades by Javanese colonialism. He successfully depicted his emotions and feelings of being far away from his sweetheart while surviving in the battlefield in between death or life.

           Gasèh Sayang Prang

Han padok mata ka deüngon awan
(The eyes are never blocked by the cloud)
Di mata intan, gata dèüh sabéë
(In my eyes, Oh sweetheart, you are always visible)
Nan tèüh mèüsalôp lam jiwa badan
(Your name is covered over my soul)
Mèünan kèüh yum ban, gata di hatè
(That is your excellence in my heart)

Gata mèukéë sang-sang bulèuën trang
(You are carved like the moonlight)
Dilangèt manyang, kèü cahya hatè
(In the high sky, as my heart light)
Pat mantoëng hutèün nyang loën jak sayang
(Wherever forests that I walk in)
Kèü gata intan han tuwoë hatè
(My heart never forgets you)

Angèn pèü bapôt lam rimba tuhan
(Wind blows me to the God’s forest)
Mèüho kèü intan, uloën ba hatè
(Where should I take my heart?)
Hatè loën sèüdèh mèüsyèn ngoën sayang
(My heart is sad, longing and pity)
Dak jèüt hai intan bèk mèüpisah lè
(In the hope that we will not be separated anymore)

Salèh pat mantoëng uloën jak mèüprang
(Wherever I am in the battlefield)
Do’a kèü uloën hai jantoëng hatè
(Please pray for me Oh my darling)
Adak pih, rèübah lam rimba tuhan
(Even if I fall down in the God’s forest)
Nèübri lè Tuhan syiruga tinggi
(I am given by God the best paradise)

Salèh pih hudèp umu loën panyang
(Even if I live with long lifespan)
Mèüdo’a intan, mèüsapat tèüma
(Please pray to God for us to be re-engaged)
Dalam bahgia, tanyoë mèüsaboh
(In the happiness, we are united)
Dèngoën niët nyang jroh salèng sèütia
(With a purely good intention, to be faithful to each other)

Pakri hai pakri, pakri loën paban
(What can I do?)
Kèhèndak bak Tuhan, mèünoë loën rasa
(That is Allah’s will to make me feel like this)
Nanggroë mèüdarah, hanjèüt bèk mèünan
(In the bloody country, it should not be ignored like that)
Siat loën tinggai gata hai dinda
(I am leaving you temporarily Oh my sweetheart)

Nyang uloën harap bak gata intan
(My hope to you Oh my sweetheart)
Jaga droë sayang oëh tan kakanda
(Take care of yourself when I am far away)

Harapan hatè bèütroh ban hajat
(Hopefully my dreams will be brought into the reality)
Lagèë ban ingat mèünan bèü lahèë
(The outward outcome should be like things remembered in my mind)
Hatè nyang rindu bèüna kèüh ubat
(The longing heart hopes for a cure)
Mangat bèk sisat, bèk luka hate
(In order not to be misguided and to have a wounded heart)

Urèüng loën gasèh, urèüng loë sayang
(The one whom I love the most)
Nèübri ya Tuhan kamoë bahgia
(Please God, bestow us happiness)

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Amazingly Unique Acehnese Village in Malaysia

Kampung Acheh (Acehnese village) is located in Yan, Keudah, Malaysia. According to people living there, the numbers of villagers are 170, included 100 Malay and 70 Acehnese. The Acehnese Islamic scholars and religionists who moved from Aceh were the first people resided in the village. They moved to the place because chased, hunted and humiliated by Dutch. They were using small boats to across the sea in 1890 and successfully anchored in Keudah seashore and some of boats went along the side Sungai Petani (Petani River). They were using their voyage knowledge in interpreting stars as direction marker to arrive directly where they intend to. After successfully anchored, with their some valuable properties such as golden and silver jewelries, Ulama with the family started a new life and created Islamic civilization there by cleaning and planting the lands with peppers, rice and many plants. Besides that, they also conducted financial business with Malay people and built mos